45 mins to check the ingredients of just Windex.
The checker APP will allow for every house hold to check all products in there home in under 10 mins.
Simply Scan upc code, you will be warned about cancer risk, allergen and more. also see list of healthy alternatives
1. Target Brand Glass Cleaner (mfr Windex)
- 2-hexoxyethanol -
-Isopropanolamine findings Link to information on toxicity to humans, including carcinogenicity, reproductive and developmental toxicity, neurotoxicity, and acute toxicity from Pesticideinfo.org
-Sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate Link to information on toxicity to humans, including carcinogenicity, reproductive and developmental toxicity, neurotoxicity, and acute toxicity. From Pesticideinfo.org
-Lauramine oxide- as stated obove, Carcinogen
-Ammonium hydroxide- Also none as ammonia not sited by epa to cause cancer in small amounts
-Fragrance - benzyl acetate,(linked to pancreatic cancer)
butylphenyl methylpropional (human immune system toxin.),
9 c9-11 pareth-3 (Complications appear to include cancer, developmental/reproductive toxicity, allergies, immunotoxicity),
citronellol, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, Natural
dipropylene glycol - ll the make rats receiving 40,000 ppm dipropylene glycol died before the end of the study, mainly because of kidney disease.
ethoxydiglycol, Ethoxydiglycol ultimately contains ether, and therefore can be linked to cancer, developmental/reproductive toxicity, allergic reactions and endocrine disruptions
hexyl cinnamal - Must be listed on the label because they are severe allergens. Can also cause central nervous system disruption (thus their use in certain pesticides) and skin, eye and respiratory tract irritation. Can trigger asthma attacks.
linalool - ****This ingredient actually has reverse cancer potential***
terpineol- highly irritating to mucous membranes"... "Aspiration into the lungs can produce pneumonitis or even fatal edema." Can also cause "excitement, ataxia (loss of muscular coordination), hypothermia, CNS and respiratory depression, and headache." "Prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact."
-Liquitint Sky Blue Dye- Liquitint Bright Yellow Dye & Blue Dye. These are colorants that ...These have been linked to a high risk of cancer.
healthy option : Spartan Bio-Renewable Glass Cleaner
The conclusion is that exposure to household cleaners routinely filled with carcinogens may account for the dramatically higher rates of cancers among homemakers. (See W.E. Morton, Further Investigation of Housewife Cancer Mortality Risk, Women and Health, 1982, 7:43-51; Dr. D.A. Sterling, Comparison of Risk of Chronic Conditions and Cancer Between Homemakers and Otherwise Employed Women, National Center for Health Statistics Conference, Washington, DC, July 15, 1991).
As the EPA itself confirms, ordinary household products used as directed on the product label spread toxic chemicals around your household surfaces and into your indoor air. Children, pets, and we ourselves then absorb these chemicals not only be inhalation from fumes (masked as pine or lemon or spring breezes), but also absorption through mere skin contact, as well as oral ingestion (after we or our kids touch a cleaned floor or counter and then put our hands in our mouth; eat from a plate from the dishwasher; use a scrubbed bathtub or sink; or consume a meal from a cleaned oven or microwave, not to mention smell our “fresh” laundry scent coming from our laundry room or from our clothes as we wear them all day long etc.,). The chemicals, as mentioned, are even spewed into indoor air while standing in CLOSED containers in cabinets. It goes without saying that chemicals quite easily escape plastic bottles; a plastic cap does not trap carcinogens (if they did then disposal in landfills wouldn’t be a soil and water pollution problem – and it is). Once loose in our homes, VOCs also easily penetrate into the nasal passages and often into the skin, and get into the brain, as well as store themselves long term in body fat. (Ergo, the more body fat, the more storage space for built-in, lingering carcinogens and toxins). Because children have less developed elimination systems, and breath more air than adults, studies have repeatedly shown they tend to absorb the highest doses of toxic chemicals inside their own homes – sometimes nearly 3 times that of their parents. (See e.g., Lunder et.al, Significantly Higher Polybrominated Diphenyl Ether Levels in Young U.S. Children than in Their Mothers, Environ. Sci. Technol., 2010, 44 (13), pp 5256–5262).